Villanova's Anderson out indefinitely with stress fracture in foot
VILLANOVA, Pa. -- Villanova senior guard Dwayne Anderson is out indefinitely with a stress fracture in his left foot, the team said Friday.
Anderson, a projected starter, averaged 6.5 points last season.
"Dwayne is one of our significant leaders and this is a great loss for our team," Villanova coach Jay Wright said in a statement.
Anderson is the second Villanova player to be injured this month. On Nov. 6, senior forward Shane Clark underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee and is expected to miss 3-6 weeks.
Villanova, which is ranked No. 23 in the preseason poll, opens the season Friday night against Albany.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 4 Duke dismisses junior guard Sulaimon
- UK surges by Mizzou, now 20-0 for third time
- UCLA topples No. 11 Utah behind Powell's 23
- Loving, Russell lead Ohio St. upset of Terps
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jansport Men's Villanova Wildcats Navy Tournament Basketball T-shirt