Blair sits for No. 4 Pitt vs. Belmont with knee swelling
PITTSBURGH -- Pitt center DeJuan Blair sat out the No. 4 Panthers' game against Belmont on Tuesday night because of right knee swelling.
Blair apparently developed the problem after playing two games in less than 24 hours Friday and Saturday. The 6-foot-7 sophomore had 27 points and 18 rebounds in 21 minutes during an 86-60 victory over Division II Indiana (Pa.) on Saturday.
Blair is averaging 17.5 points and 13.3 rebounds in four games. He was replaced by 6-10 sophomore Gary McGhee, who made his first career start as Pitt played its third game in five days.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Arizona holds Oregon St. to 34 points in rout
- No. 4 Duke dismisses junior guard Sulaimon
- St. John's guard sorry for offensive tweet
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Pitt Panthers Blue Basketball Practice Performance T-shirt