Miami guard Rios suspended indefinitely for violating team rules
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami Hurricanes sophomore point guard Eddie Rios was suspended indefinitely Tuesday for a violation of team rules.
The suspension was announced shortly before the Hurricanes (No. 22 ESPN/USA Today, No. 21 AP) lost to Ohio State.
Rios started the first four games filling in for injured guard Lance Hurdle, who has returned to the starting lineup. Rios is averaging 6.0 points and 14.8 minutes per game.
Last season he averaged 3.4 points in 34 games, including three starts.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wilbekin, Florida hold on to topple Kansas
- UK bounces back to shut down Boise State
- Gonzaga rallies vs. WVU to win 5th straight
- Top Cats: Zona is new No. 1; Syracuse 2nd
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Miami Hurricanes White Basketball T-Shirt