Miami guard Rios suspended indefinitely for violating team rules
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami Hurricanes sophomore point guard Eddie Rios was suspended indefinitely Tuesday for a violation of team rules.
The suspension was announced shortly before the Hurricanes (No. 22 ESPN/USA Today, No. 21 AP) lost to Ohio State.
Rios started the first four games filling in for injured guard Lance Hurdle, who has returned to the starting lineup. Rios is averaging 6.0 points and 14.8 minutes per game.
Last season he averaged 3.4 points in 34 games, including three starts.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Miami Hurricanes Green Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt