Oklahoma State coach dismisses starting forward Thomas
STILLWATER, Okla. -- Oklahoma State coach Travis Ford has dismissed starting forward Ibrahima Thomas from the basketball team.
Ford says he had several conversations with the sophomore over the past week and determined that he lacked the commitment to make the program successful.
At 6-foot-11, Thomas was the main post presence on a Cowboys team that lacks depth inside. He was benched for Oklahoma State's 83-65 loss at Washington last week and replaced in the starting lineup by senior Anthony Brown.
Thomas had been averaging 8.3 points and 3.9 rebounds while starting the first seven games for Oklahoma State (5-3).
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Oklahoma State Cowboys Black 'Come Out Firing' Selection Basketball T-Shirt