Boeheim disagrees with Syracuse's season ban of G Devendorf
The board recommended Wednesday that Devendorf be suspended for the remainder of the academic year after allegedly hitting a female student in the face. He is appealing the decision.
Boeheim also took exception with the Judicial Review Board's characterization that testimony given at a hearing by three basketball players was biased because they are Devendorf's teammates.
The board found Devendorf had violated codes of conduct that included harassment, but it cleared him of causing physical harm to a female student on Nov. 1.
Devendorf is the third-leading scorer for the Orange (No. 16 ESPN/USA Today, No, 13 AP), averaging 14.1 points.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
- Randle-led Stanford upsets No. 10 UConn
- AD backs SIU coach after tirade goes viral
- Laettner's jersey from 'The Shot' at auction
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Syracuse Orange Grey Groove Ultimate T-Shirt