Devendorf to appeal suspension
William Sullivan, an attorney for Devendorf, said Wednesday that the indefinite suspension was inappropriate.
The suspension will be put on hold during the appeal process, and Devendorf can still attend classes and play basketball. The spring semester begins Jan. 12, and the appeals board, composed of two faculty or staff members and one student, must issue its decision by that day.
Sullivan said he is prepared to file a petition with the state Supreme Court if the 21-year-old Devendorf is not satisfied with the outcome of the appeal.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
- AD backs SIU coach after tirade goes viral
- Laettner's jersey from 'The Shot' at auction
- Florida gets Murphy's brother via Duke transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Syracuse Orange Autograph Basketball