Mizzou's Lyons suspended indefinitely
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri forward Leo Lyons has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest on traffic charges and for failing to pay a traffic fine from 2006.
Missouri spokesman Dave Reiter says Lyons was arrested Sunday night in Columbia for driving without the vehicle's lights on and failing to display proof of insurance. Police then learned there was a warrant for Lyons for an unpaid fine for making an illegal turn in 2006.
Coach Mike Anderson has not determined how long Lyons will be suspended. The Tigers are 13-3 but 0-1 in Big 12 play after a loss at Nebraska on Saturday, and host Colorado on Wednesday.
Lyons is second on the team with 14.6 points per game, and is second in rebounding, averaging 6.2 per game.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 4 Duke dismisses junior guard Sulaimon
- UK surges by Mizzou, now 20-0 for third time
- UCLA topples No. 11 Utah behind Powell's 23
- Loving, Russell lead Ohio St. upset of Terps
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Missouri Tigers Basketball Player Performance Black T-shirt