Williams faces drug charges
PEORIA, Ill. -- Authorities say former Illinois basketball standout and 2001 Big Ten Player of the Year Frank Williams has been arrested on drug charges.
The 29-year-old Williams and his 24-year-old brother, Aaron, were arrested Wednesday after agents for the Multi-County Enforcement Group executed a search warrant at a Peoria home. Agents seized 78 grams of marijuana, a digital scale and a .40 caliber handgun.
Frank Williams, of Vernon Hills, is charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and unlawful possession of marijuana with intent to deliver. Aaron Williams is charged with unlawful possession and not having a firearm ID card.
They were both taken to the Peoria County Jail.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Illinois 'Illini Basketball Ct' Sign