USC loses another recruit in Williams
LOS ANGELES -- Forward Derrick Williams has requested and been granted a release from his basketball letter of intent to play at Southern California.
Williams, from nearby La Mirada High, joins guard Lamont Jones, from Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Va., as recruits who have changed their minds since Tim Floyd resigned last week as basketball coach.
The university announced Williams' release on Monday.
The basketball program is under investigation by the NCAA involving allegations that Floyd paid to have O.J. Mayo delivered to the Trojans.
Since the Trojans' season ended in March, starters DeMar DeRozan, Taj Gibson and Daniel Hackett, along with Marcus Johnson, declared for next week's NBA draft, and the Trojans have lost seven recruits.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC not applying for Hairston reinstatement
- No. 2 Syracuse runs away from High Point
- Oglesby (foot) ready to return for No. 25 Iowa
- Heels' James out 2 weeks with knee injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Basketball Performance Pants