Duke's highest-paid employee: Coach K
DURHAM, N.C. -- Coach K remains Duke's highest-paid employee.
The school's most recent IRS documents were obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press. They show that Duke paid Mike Krzyzewski more than $3.6 million during the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2008.
The Hall of Fame coach made about $2.2 million the previous year.
Krzyzewski's salary is about 3½ times that of Duke's next highest-paid employee. Chancellor emeritus Dr. Ralph Snyderman made about $983,000.
Former women's basketball coach Gail Goestenkors, who's now at Texas, also made the school's list of top earners. Duke paid her nearly $500,000 in deferred compensation.
The salaries were first reported by The Herald-Sun of Durham.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Duke Blue Devils Charcoal Stealth Tri-Blend T-Shirt