Acker to graduate in December
MILWAUKEE -- Marquette guard Maurice Acker will skip his final year of eligibility because he's on track to graduate in December.
Coach Buzz Williams said in a statement Thursday that Acker is one semester short of completing his degree and they agreed it was in his best interest to make that his priority.
Acker is from Hazel Crest, Ill., and played two seasons for the Golden Eagles after transferring from Ball State in 2006.
The 5-foot-8 guard made eight starts and played in 68 games for Marquette. He averaged 3.7 points and 1.8 assists.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Pauley Pavilion court flooded as main breaks
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
- UAB grants All-C-USA PG Frazier his release
- Vols PG Lopez to miss season with torn ACL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Stockdale Marquette Golden Eagles Team Ribbon Magnet