LOS ANGELES -- UCLA has unveiled a point system to determine the pecking order by which fans get to choose their seats in a renovated Pauley Pavilion.
The aging basketball arena is set to undergo a makeover in time for the 2012-13 season.
The university announced a plan Tuesday that ranks ticket holders, giving credit to alumni, longtime season ticket holders and donors who help pay for the $185 million renovation.
Athletic director Dan Guerrero called it an effort to "recognize the longtime supporters of UCLA athletics." The price increases won't be clear until next week when ticket holders receive statements informing them of their ranking.
Courtside seats will require a $500,000 donation to the capital campaign, payable over five years, plus an annual donation of $17,000 per seat to the Wooden Athletic Fund.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings UCLA Bruins Alley Oop Youth-Sized Rubber Basketball