Adams set to transfer to Pitt
PITTSBURGH -- Chase Adams, a point guard at Centenary who was the defensive player of the year last season in the Summit League, is transferring to Pittsburgh for his senior season and will be eligible immediately.
Adams doesn't have to sit out a season because Centenary is dropping from NCAA Division I to Division III.
The 5-foot-10 Adams averaged 14 points and shot 39 percent from 3-point range last season. He supplies depth at a position where the Panthers must replace Levance Fields, a three-year starter who helped lead the Panthers to an NCAA regional final last season.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Source: Kentucky among 4 in Miami event
- Florida loses Walker to season-ending injury
- Source: Wojcik heads out on recruiting trail
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Pitt Panthers Gold Oakland Zoo T-Shirt