Allen out because of knee injury
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- If Florida started the season now, guard Nimrod Tishman and forward Adam Allen wouldn't be able to play.
Coach Billy Donovan says Tishman, a 6-foot-5 freshman from Tel Aviv, Israel, has been cleared by the NCAA to practice but not to play. Allen, a 6-8 sophomore from Milton, doesn't anticipate playing this season because of a nagging knee injury.
Donovan went overseas to recruit Tishman as a replacement for guard Nick Calathes, who left after his sophomore season to play professionally in Greece. Donovan says he expects Tishman to get NCAA clearance, but he doesn't expect him to contribute much this season.
Allen has scar tissue behind his kneecap, causing pain whenever he puts pressure on his knee. He had two operations, but neither fixed the problem.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Rick Pitino: 'Passion, enthusiasm' still high
- College of Charleston's Wojcik not recruiting
- UNC hopes to set up meeting with McCants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Florida Gators Blue Full-Zip Basketball Performance Hoodie