Knight lawsuit against Indiana settled
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Private donors are giving $75,000 to Bob Knight to settle a lawsuit he filed against Indiana University claiming it didn't properly defend him when he was sued by a former assistant coach.
A letter signed by lawyers for the university and Knight says the payment offer from anonymous donors would reimburse the former coach for expenses from the lawsuit by former Knight assistant Ron Felling.
Knight settled with Felling in 2002 by paying him $25,000 and admitting that in 1999 he shoved Felling in anger after overhearing him criticize Knight's coaching and behavior.
Indiana fired Knight in 2000.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Gators finish on top in battle with Memphis
- Wichita State edges Alabama to reach 11-0
- Payne, Michigan State roll vs. North Florida
- Harrell, Louisville romp past Missouri State
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Indiana Hoosiers Crimson 'Best Pants' T-Shirt