Jordan to miss first two games
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- The NCAA says the oldest son of Michael Jordan will miss the first two games of the season for Illinois after playing in an unsanctioned event last summer.
Illinois coach Bruce Weber says Jeff Jordan, a reserve guard, played in a three-on-three event.
Jordan wasn't part of the Illinois team at the time. The junior left the team at the end of last season but changed his mind and returned in October.
Weber called Jordan's playing in the event an innocent thing.
Jordan will miss the Fighting Illini's season opener against Southern Illinois-Edwardsville on Friday and Tuesday's contest with Northern Illinois.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Creighton's Chatman set for thumb surgery
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Illinois 'Illini Basketball Ct' Sign