Dragovic to plead not guilty in case
LOS ANGELES -- A lawyer for UCLA starter Nikola Dragovic says his client will plead not guilty in an assault case that led to his suspension.
Dragovic and a friend were arrested last week on a felony warrant charging them in an October incident in which the basketball player allegedly knocked a man into a glass display case at a Hollywood concert.
Attorney Jon Artz said in a call with reporters Monday that the other person was the aggressor, was drinking heavily and slapped Dragovic's friend.
Artz says Dragovic tried to leave but the alleged victim followed and threatened him by saying he had a knife and was going to kill him.
The 21-year-old senior from Serbia is scheduled for arraignment Dec. 21.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Workers trying to save buckling UCLA court
- Giving back: Hill donates $1.25M to Duke
- Ex-PC starter Fortune heading to Colorado
- Mayo leaves Marquette, pursues pro career