Tucker charged with public intoxication
Iowa athletic director Gary Barta said Sunday that the 20-year-old Tucker, the team's second-leading scorer with 11.9 points per game, would be suspended indefinitely. Officials at the Johnson County Jail said Tucker pleaded not guilty to one count of public intoxication and was released Sunday on $325 bond.
Barta says he was "disappointed because this is not the first legal incident involving alcohol."
The sophomore pleaded guilty to public intoxication in December 2008. In January, Tucker was ruled academically ineligible to play.
Tucker scored 17 points in Iowa's 71-67 win over Drake on Saturday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Rick Pitino: 'Passion, enthusiasm' still high
- College of Charleston's Wojcik not recruiting
- UNC hopes to set up meeting with McCants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Iowa Hawkeyes Full-Sized Crossover Basketball