Tucker charged with public intoxication
Iowa athletic director Gary Barta said Sunday that the 20-year-old Tucker, the team's second-leading scorer with 11.9 points per game, would be suspended indefinitely. Officials at the Johnson County Jail said Tucker pleaded not guilty to one count of public intoxication and was released Sunday on $325 bond.
Barta says he was "disappointed because this is not the first legal incident involving alcohol."
The sophomore pleaded guilty to public intoxication in December 2008. In January, Tucker was ruled academically ineligible to play.
Tucker scored 17 points in Iowa's 71-67 win over Drake on Saturday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 4 Duke dismisses junior guard Sulaimon
- Two Southern Miss players ruled ineligible
- Big 12/SEC Challenge to be single-day event
- Bradley's top scorer arrested at strip club
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Iowa Hawkeyes Basketball Player Performance Black T-shirt