Hearing delayed until Jan. 29
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- A hearing on misdemeanor gun, drug and alcohol charges has been delayed for three suspended Tennessee basketball players and Tyler Smith, who was dismissed from the team last week.
The players were not in court Thursday morning. The hearing has been rescheduled for Jan. 29.
All four face misdemeanor charges stemming from a New Year's Day traffic stop. Police pulled over the car the four were in for speeding and said they smelled marijuana. They also say they found a handgun with an altered serial number, a bag of marijuana and an open container of alcohol.
Tennessee (No. 10 ESPN/USA Today, No. 9 AP) hosts Auburn on Thursday night.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
- AD backs SIU coach after tirade goes viral
- Florida gets Murphy's brother via Duke transfer
- Pitino vs. Pitino in '14 Armed Forces Classic
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Tennessee Volunteers #11 Tennessee Orange Basketball Replica Jersey