Status vs. Syracuse undetermined
Villanova junior Corey Stokes was cited for public urination early Thursday morning but coach Jay Wright has not decided if it will affect the guard's status for the Wildcats' Big East showdown with Syracuse on Saturday.
Stokes was issued the citation at 3 a.m. outside of a bar near the Villanova campus not long after the Wildcats beat South Florida, 71-49. Stokes, who was nabbed urinating between two parked cars, was reportedly surrounded by his teammates.
"This was a simple mistake by a college student,'' Wright said. "Corey regrets it and has apologized for it. We will now deal with it within our basketball family.''
Stokes is averaging 9 points and 4.1 rebounds for the Wildcats (No. 8 ESPN/USA Today, No. 7 AP), who stand a game behind Big East-leading Syracuse.
Dana O'Neil covers college basketball for ESPN.com.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Rick Pitino: 'Passion, enthusiasm' still high
- College of Charleston's Wojcik not recruiting
- UNC hopes to set up meeting with McCants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Villanova Wildcats Navy 'Go Nova' Selection Basketball T-Shirt