Brown injured on drive to basket
He was transported to a hospital in College Station, where he was evaluated and released. He will have another evaluation by the Longhorns' medical staff Sunday, and the team said he is listed as day-to-day.
He was conscious as he was wheeled out of the arena on a stretcher about 20 minutes after the game.
Texas coach Rick Barnes said he hit the back of his head as he crashed to the court.
Texas A&M led 72-58 when Brown collided with A&M's B.J. Holmes as he went to the basket. Both players were injured. Holmes was carried off with an apparent ankle injury.
Medical personnel came on the court for Brown, and he was strapped to the board with his neck stabilized and taken off the court.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Butler's Etherington (foot) to miss 3-4 months
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Rick Pitino: 'Passion, enthusiasm' still high
- College of Charleston's Wojcik not recruiting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns Burnt Orange Basketball Performance Polo