MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- Austin Freeman, Georgetown's leading scorer and top 3-point shooter, will miss the Hoyas' (No. 20 ESPN/USA Today, No. 19 AP) game against West Virginia (No. 8 ESPN/USA Today, No. 10 AP) on Monday night.
The junior guard was limited by a stomach virus in Saturday's loss to Notre Dame.
He made the trip with his teammates on Sunday, but "took a turn for the worse" overnight, team spokesman Michael Carey said. Freeman returned to campus on Monday for further treatment and rest.
Freeman is averaging 17.0 points and shooting 47.3 percent from 3-point range. He had five points in 23 minutes in the 78-64 home loss to Notre Dame.
He is one of four Hoyas to average better than 33 minutes per game.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
- Ohio St. pulls away late, edges Michigan St.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's West Virginia Mountaineers Blue Full-Zip Basketball Performance Hoodie