Smith signs 2-month deal in Turkey
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Former Tennessee forward Tyler Smith has signed a two-month contract to play in Turkey.
Smith was dismissed from the Volunteers on Jan. 8, a week after his arrest on gun charges. He pleaded guilty Feb. 12 to possession of a firearm and possession of firearm with altered serial number and was sentenced to two years of judicial diversion.
Smith will play for Bornova in the Turkish Basketball League, filling in for an injured Kedrick Brown.
The two-month contract will allow Smith to be available for the June 24 NBA draft.
The senior from Pulaski, Tenn., averaged 11.7 points, 4.7 rebounds and 3.7 assists in 12 games this season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Louisville's Jones (wrist) may miss 2 games
- Wells sparks Maryland past Boston College
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Tennessee Volunteers Grey On-Court Long Sleeve Shooter Shirt