Bob Cousy Award finalists named
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. -- Jon Scheyer of Duke and Grevis Vasquez of Maryland, the front-runners for Atlantic Coast Conference player of the year, are among the six finalists for the Bob Cousy Award presented to the top point guard in college basketball.
The other finalists are freshman standout John Wall of Kentucky, seniors Sherron Collins of Kansas and Scottie Reynolds of Villanova, and Ohio State's Evan Turner, a 6-foot-7 junior who is considered one of the sport's most versatile players.
The finalists were announced Saturday by the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and came from an original list of 73 nominees from all three NCAA divisions.
The award will be presented April 5 at the Final Four.
Ty Lawson of North Carolina won the award last season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Arizona's Gordon, Johnson heading to NBA
- Martin bolts Vols for Cal, 'a beautiful place'
- Michigan's Stauskas, Robinson to enter draft
- Calipari content at UK, not moved by NBA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Maryland Terrapins Alley Oop Youth-Sized Basketball