Tar Heels' Zeller '50-50' for Tuesday
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- North Carolina coach Roy Williams says sophomore Tyler Zeller is uncertain to play against UAB in the third round of the NIT on Tuesday night.
Zeller was hit above his left eye midway through the second half of the weekend win at Mississippi State. The blow opened a cut that needed five stitches and left him with a mild concussion.
Williams said Monday that Zeller is "50-50" to play and that he wouldn't practice. The 7-footer had seven points and seven rebounds off the bench against the Bulldogs.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Wells sparks Maryland past Boston College
- Former Hoya Whittington intends to transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Baden North Carolina Tar Heels Two-Toned Full-Sized Basketball