Smith: Nothing to talk about with Oregon
INDIANAPOLIS -- Tubby Smith is working on a contract extension at Minnesota -- not looking for a new job.
Rumors this week suggested Oregon would make a big-dollar offer to make Smith the successor to the recently fired Ernie Kent. Smith was in Indianapolis on Thursday during Final Four events and he says there was "nothing to talk about" in regards to Oregon.
He says he's so happy at Minnesota that he's working on a contract extension.
Smith just finished his second season with Minnesota, leading the Gophers to their second straight NCAA tourney appearance. Before taking the Minnesota job, Smith won a national championship at Kentucky.
Two weeks ago, Smith was reportedly linked to the Auburn job but the Tigers hired Tony Barbee.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Creighton's Chatman set for thumb surgery
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Minnesota Golden Gophers Full-Sized Crossover Basketball