Dickerson joins Buckeyes staff
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State has appointed former Tulane head coach Dave Dickerson as an assistant coach on its men's basketball staff.
Head coach Thad Matta said Monday the appointment begins immediately.
The 43-year-old Dickerson replaces Alan Major, who took the head coaching job at Charlotte.
Dickerson resigned from Tulane in March after an 8-22 season. He had a 68-84 record -- 31-47 in Conference USA -- and failed to reach a postseason tournament.
Dickerson spent nine years as an assistant and one season as associate head at Maryland, his alma mater. He was also an assistant at Gardner Webb, James Madison and Radford.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Xavier completes sweep of No. 21 G'town
- Oklahoma State takes down No. 20 Baylor
- McDonald's All American rosters unveiled
- UW dismisses Upshaw for violating team rules
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Ohio State Buckeyes Elite Basketball Performance Black Fleece Pants