NEW YORK -- Michigan State and Kansas will be joined by Memphis and Syracuse at Madison Square Garden for the Jimmy V Classic in December.
The four schools were announced Thursday for the annual doubleheader, which benefits The V Foundation for Cancer Research. The Jayhawks take on Memphis in the opener Dec. 7, while the Spartans play Syracuse in the nightcap.
The women's Jimmy V Classic will be held at Duke University for the first time, with the Blue Devils playing Texas A&M on Dec. 7.
Since it was established in 1993 to honor the late Jim Valvano, The V Foundation has raised more than $95 million for cancer research.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Michigan State Spartans Green Basketball Net T-Shirt