Loyd to transfer from BYU
PROVO, Utah -- BYU guard Michael Loyd Jr. is transferring after playing two seasons for the Cougars.
Coach Dave Rose said in a release Thursday that he and Loyd have decided he should finish up his education and basketball career at another school.
Loyd played his freshman season in 2007-08. He sat out the next year as a redshirt and then returned last season and averaged 5.1 points and 1.2 assists while shooting 53 percent.
He scored a career-high 26 points in the Cougars' double-overtime win over Florida in the opening round of the NCAA tournament.
The school didn't say where Loyd was going.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Selection committee to monitor Embiid injury
- UNC Wilmington fires Peterson after 4 seasons
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's BYU Cougars Blue Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt