No draft for Purdue's Johnson, Moore
Painter said in a text message they would return to school. The NCAA's deadline to withdraw from the NBA draft was at 5 p.m. ET Saturday.
Johnson and Moore will join Robbie Hummel on next year's likely Big Ten favorite.
Hummel is recovering from an ACL surgery. All three have been members of an all-conference team at some point in their careers. They give the Boilermakers a trio of elite seniors at a power-six conference school in this early entry era.
Johnson was projected as a second-round pick. Moore ran the risk of not getting drafted.
Andy Katz is a senior college basketball writer for ESPN.com.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 15 Iowa State holds off No. 19 Texas
- UW dismisses Upshaw for violating team rules
- UNC catches fire late to put away Syracuse
- Unbeatens Kentucky, Virginia still atop AP poll
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Purdue Boilermakers Basketball Practice Performance Black T-shirt