Indiana State's McKenna to Oregon
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Indiana State basketball coach Kevin McKenna has resigned to take an assistant coaching job at Oregon.
Indiana State athletic director Ron Prettyman made the announcement Monday. McKenna was 43-52 in three seasons with the Sycamores.
Indiana State was 17-15 (9-9 in the Missouri Valley Conference) last season and made its first postseason appearance since 2001 when it played in the College Basketball Invitational.
McKenna will join Dana Altman, the new Oregon coach who left Creighton earlier this year. McKenna was an assistant to Altman at Creighton for nine years before joining Indiana State.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Oregon Ducks Full-Sized Crossover Basketball