Heath, South Florida agree to extension
TAMPA, Fla. -- South Florida basketball coach Stan Heath has agreed to a three-year contract extension after leading the Bulls to their most successful season since entering the Big East.
USF went 20-13 on the way to earning a spot in the National Invitation Tournament.
In three seasons under Heath, the Bulls have a 41-54 record.
Heath signed a five-year contract worth up to $4.275 million in 2007. The extension announced Monday runs through 2015.
South Florida finished 9-9 in the Big East before losing to North Carolina State in the opening round of the NIT. The Bulls had never won more than four conference games in a season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Workers trying to save buckling UCLA court
- Giving back: Hill donates $1.25M to Duke
- Ex-PC starter Fortune heading to Colorado
- Mayo leaves Marquette, pursues pro career
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Colosseum Athletics Women's South Florida Bulls Green Gamer T-Shirt