Boise State's Anderson faces charges
BOISE, Idaho -- Boise State basketball player La'Shard Anderson has been charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct after police showed up at his residence to investigate a loud party complaint.
The senior was charged with the two misdemeanors Saturday night.
Boise police say the 21-year-old guard refused to comply with numerous police requests and later engaged officers in a face-to-face confrontation.
Anderson has posted bond and been released from the Ada County Jail. He is scheduled to appear in court Aug. 2.
Boise State spokesman Max Corbet says the coaching staff is aware of the arrest and are following the school's student conduct policy.
Last season, Anderson started 29 games, averaged 9.9 points and led the Broncos with 83 steals.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker shines as Duke picks apart UCLA
- Hoosiers get $40M gift to fix up Assembly Hall
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
- Randle-led Stanford upsets No. 10 UConn
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Boise State Broncos Charcoal Stealth Tri-Blend T-Shirt