Korie Lucious charged
The 20-year-old Lucious was pulled over early Monday near the East Lansing campus and his blood-alcohol level was 0.09 percent, according to a police report. The legal limit in Michigan is 0.08 percent.
Michigan State coach Tom Izzo issued a statement saying he's aware of the ticket and was still gathering information.
Lucious made a game-winning, 3-point shot to lift the Spartans into the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament last season and helped them advance to the Final Four. The Milwaukee native was suspended for a game last season for missing class.
The junior is expected to be a key player this season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 4 Duke dismisses junior guard Sulaimon
- UK surges by Mizzou, now 20-0 for third time
- UCLA topples No. 11 Utah behind Powell's 23
- Loving, Russell lead Ohio St. upset of Terps
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Michigan State Spartans Green Elite Pullover Performance Basketball Hero Hoodie