STORRS, Conn. -- The NCAA is giving Connecticut another week to respond to allegations that the school's basketball program committed eight major rules violations.
The university was expected to respond by Aug. 20, but that deadline was moved last month to Sept. 3 based on requests by the coaches cited in the allegations.
UConn said the date now has been set at Sept. 7.
Former assistants Beau Archibald and Patrick Sellers resigned amid accusations that they lied to investigators, who found hundreds of improper calls and texts from UConn staff to recruits.
Coach Jim Calhoun also is cited in the NCAA report for failing to promote an atmosphere of compliance.
The school says compliance officials will go over the document before it is released to the public to ensure it meets state privacy and Freedom of Information Act requirements.