Sammy Zeglinski out after knee surgery
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- Virginia says junior guard Sammy Zeglinski will miss up to eight weeks after having surgery to repair cartilage in his left knee.
The school says Zeglinski had the surgery Tuesday.
Zeglinski led the Cavaliers in 3-point field goals, assists and steals each of the past two seasons. He played in all 31 games last season, starting 29, and averaged 8.9 points and 3.8 rebounds. He made 61 3-pointers and had 80 assists and 38 steals.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Creighton's Chatman set for thumb surgery
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Virginia Cavaliers Blue Tournament Basketball T-Shirt