No penalty for Iowa; recruits cleared
DES MOINES, Iowa -- Iowa says the NCAA won't penalize the Hawkeyes for allowing two basketball recruits to meet celebrity fans Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore.
The school said Monday that the NCAA ruled the actions by Iowa staffers were "secondary" in nature and both unintentional and accidental. Iowa also said the recruits have been fully cleared.
Published reports in September and October quoted Josh Oglesby, a senior at Cedar Rapids Washington High School, and Marcus Paige, a junior at Linn-Mar High School, as saying they met the acting couple at the Iowa-Iowa State football game in September.
The school's report said the recruits also met two former Hawkeyes basketball players that day.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Ohio St. rallies from 8 down in final minute
- Black helps No. 18 Kansas trounce Hoyas
- Randle rallies Kentucky to win over Belmont
- Illinois hands Mizzou first loss with late FTs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Baden Iowa Hawkeyes Two-Toned Full-Sized Basketball