Purdue's John Hart out at least a month
The school says the sophomore guard will have surgery this week.
Hart is the Boilermakers' No. 3 scorer, averaging 8.4 points. He says his primary concern is getting fully healthy so he help the team down the stretch.
Purdue (No. 18 ESPN/USA Today, No. 22 AP) already was struggling with injuries. The Boilermakers lost forward Robbie Hummel to a season-ending knee injury before the season began. Hummel's replacement, D.J. Byrd, played just two minutes in Purdue's win over Alabama on Saturday because of an injured shoulder.
Purdue's next game is at Valparaiso on Tuesday.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
- Randle-led Stanford upsets No. 10 UConn
- AD backs SIU coach after tirade goes viral
- Laettner's jersey from 'The Shot' at auction
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Purdue Boilermakers Long Sleeve Shootaround Shirt