Kryie Irving has toe immobilized
Irving has ligament damage in his big toe.
According to a news release, Duke's medical staff "elected to immobilize the foot during this stage of the recovery process to completely rest the area and allow for optimal healing."
Irving remains out indefinitely. Asked Wednesday if Irving will be out the rest of the season, coach Mike Krzyzewski said: "He could be, he could be."
Multiple sources with knowledge of the situation said Thursday that Duke will explore various courses of action over the next few weeks, from surgery to rest to other forms of treatment for the freak injury that Irving suffered in the second half against Butler on Saturday.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Top Cats: Zona is new No. 1; Syracuse 2nd
- UF guards Wilbekin, Hill to play vs. Kansas
- Ducks overcome Henderson, Ole Miss in OT
- No. 24 San Diego St. rallies by Washington
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Duke Blue Devils Mini Rubber Basketball