Freddy Asprilla leaves Kansas State
Coach Frank Martin announced the departure in a statement before Saturday's home game against Texas Tech.
The 6-foot-10 Asprilla started 13 games and averaged 4.9 points and 4.9 rebounds in his first season with the Wildcats. He had transferred from Florida International.
Martin called it a "mutual decision" and said he expects Asprilla to "explore professional playing opportunities in his home country."
He is a native of Villavicencio, Colombia.
Martin had no further explanation after the game.
"I found out last night," the coach said. "I don't know what to tell you."
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- No. 1 Arizona runs over New Mexico State
- Former Hoya Whittington intends to transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Baden Kansas State Wildcats Two-Toned Full-Sized Basketball