John Calipari regrets cursing out player
Calipari apologized on his Twitter and Facebook pages early Wednesday after cameras caught him cursing Jones on Tuesday night during 12th-ranked Kentucky's 68-66 loss.
Calipari says he "got caught up in the emotion of the game," but added that it isn't an excuse.
The talented Jones has raised Calipari's ire lately for what the coach deems selfish play. Jones finished with a team-high 17 points against Alabama, but also committed four turnovers and deviated from the final play as time expired -- taking the final shot that Calipari wanted Doron Lamb to shoot.
The Wildcats (14-4, 2-2) play at South Carolina on Saturday.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC not applying for Hairston reinstatement
- No. 2 Syracuse runs away from High Point
- Oglesby (foot) ready to return for No. 25 Iowa
- Heels' James out 2 weeks with knee injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Kentucky Wildcats #3 Silver Replica Basketball Jersey