Jeff Brooks' status for Sunday unclear
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Penn State leading rebounder Jeff Brooks is day to day with a dislocated right shoulder, and his status is unclear for Sunday's game against Michigan.
Brooks hurt the shoulder late in the first half of Tuesday's 68-51 loss at Illinois. A team physician said X-rays Thursday revealed no damage to the shoulder joint or bones.
The team trainer said he was surprised with Brooks' range of motion, and that swelling and pain for Brooks was minimal. The team will monitor his progress before determining his availability when Penn State (12-9, 5-5 Big Ten) hosts the Wolverines (13-9, 3-6).
Brooks leads the team with 7.2 rebounds per game. He's second in scoring at 13.2 points behind guard Talor Battle.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 4 Duke dismisses junior guard Sulaimon
- UK surges by Mizzou, now 20-0 for third time
- UCLA topples No. 11 Utah behind Powell's 23
- Loving, Russell lead Ohio St. upset of Terps
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Penn State Nittany Lions Blue Basketball Performance Fleece Pants