Miss. St.'s Ravern Johnson suspended
STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Mississippi State's Ravern Johnson has been suspended for Saturday's game against LSU because of "inappropriate tweets" sent following the team's 75-61 loss to Alabama on Wednesday.
The suspension was announced Friday in a statement released by the university. Johnson, a 6-foot-7 senior, is averaging 17.7 points per game.
Johnson was critical of his role in the offense and of fans in Twitter messages after scoring just 10 points in the loss to the Crimson Tide. Johnson's Twitter account was deleted soon after posting the comments on the social networking website.
MSU coach Rick Stansbury banned the team from using Twitter on Thursday.
Mississippi State (11-10, 3-4 Southeastern Conference) has lost four out of its past seven games.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Wells sparks Maryland past Boston College
- Former Hoya Whittington intends to transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Mississippi State Bulldogs Grey Groove Ultimate T-Shirt