Bruce Weber benches three starters
MINNEAPOLIS -- Illinois coach Bruce Weber decided to remove three of his best players from the starting lineup for Thursday night's game against Minnesota.
An Illini spokesman said the decision was not a punishment or related to injuries. He said Weber was just trying to mix things up to give the struggling Illini a spark. Illinois has lost three of its last four games.
The biggest surprise was McCamey. He leads the team at 14.7 points per game and is seventh in the nation with 6.7 assists. He is a finalist for the Bob Cousy Award, given annually to the nation's top point guard.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Minnesota Golden Gophers Maroon Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt