Bruce Weber benches three starters
MINNEAPOLIS -- Illinois coach Bruce Weber decided to remove three of his best players from the starting lineup for Thursday night's game against Minnesota.
An Illini spokesman said the decision was not a punishment or related to injuries. He said Weber was just trying to mix things up to give the struggling Illini a spark. Illinois has lost three of its last four games.
The biggest surprise was McCamey. He leads the team at 14.7 points per game and is seventh in the nation with 6.7 assists. He is a finalist for the Bob Cousy Award, given annually to the nation's top point guard.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Duke ends with 16-5 run, hands UVa 1st loss
- No. 10 L'ville erases 18-point hole, beats UNC
- No. 3 Gonzaga tops Memphis for 15th in row
- Robinson's heroics help Pitt topple No. 8 ND
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Blue 84 Men's Minnesota Golden Gophers Gold Ncaa Men's 2014 Nit Champions T-shirt