Villanova guard Corey Stokes to sit out
NEWARK, N.J. -- Villanova senior guard Corey Stokes missed his second straight game, a 60-57 victory over Seton Hall, because of a turf toe injury.
Stokes, who is second on the Wildcats (No. 14 ESPN/USA Today, No. 15 AP) in scoring at 14.6 points per game, also missed the game against No. 4 Pittsburgh on Saturday. He is wearing a walking boot on his left foot.
He was injured in the second half of the 77-76 loss to Rutgers on Feb. 9, then missed the 57-54 loss to Pittsburgh.
Stokes, who is third in the nation in free throw shooting at 93.5 percent (72 of 77), said Monday that he hoped to be back for the game on Saturday against Syracuse (No. 20 ESPN/USA Today, No. 17 AP).
The school classified Stokes as "day-to-day."
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Top Cats: Zona is new No. 1; Syracuse 2nd
- UF guards Wilbekin, Hill to play vs. Kansas
- Ducks overcome Henderson, Ole Miss in OT
- No. 24 San Diego St. rallies by Washington
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Villanova Wildcats Navy Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt