Reggie Bullock (knee) out for season
The school said Tuesday the 6-foot-7 freshman would have arthroscopic surgery after tearing the lateral meniscus in his left knee during the 13th-ranked Tar Heels' win against Maryland on Sunday.
Bullock was averaging six points, but the recruit regarded for his outside shooting was making just 30 percent of his 3-point tries.
Bullock had surgery last year on the same knee, which had bothered him occasionally this year. He missed a game in November due to irritation in the knee.
His loss leaves the Tar Heels (22-6, 12-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) with just eight scholarship players. They're tied with Duke atop the league standings.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Top Cats: Zona is new No. 1; Syracuse 2nd
- UF guards Wilbekin, Hill to play vs. Kansas
- Ducks overcome Henderson, Ole Miss in OT
- No. 24 San Diego St. rallies by Washington
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jordan Men's North Carolina Tar Heels #35 Carolina Blue Replica Basketball Jersey