Xavier signs Chris Mack to extension
CINCINNATI -- Xavier has given coach Chris Mack a new contract that runs through the 2017-18 season.
Mack led the Musketeers to Atlantic 10 regular-season titles and NCAA tournament appearances both of his seasons as head coach. He was honored as the A-10's coach of the year after last season.
The school replaced his original five-year deal with what athletic director Mike Bobinski called "the most comprehensive agreement" ever for a head coach at Xavier.
The school also announced that Brian Thornton, its director of men's basketball operations, is moving to Furman as an assistant coach. Jeremy Growe, a graduate assistant in the program, will take his place.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Top Cats: Zona is new No. 1; Syracuse 2nd
- UF guards Wilbekin, Hill to play vs. Kansas
- Ducks overcome Henderson, Ole Miss in OT
- No. 24 San Diego St. rallies by Washington
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Xavier Musketeers Blue Basketball T-Shirt