Ryan Harrow transferring to Kentucky
RALEIGH, N.C. -- Former North Carolina State point guard Ryan Harrow says he's transferring to Kentucky.
Harrow announced his decision on Twitter, saying "I am a Kentucky Wildcat!"
His departure from NC State last month was described as a mutual decision made by the guard and new coach Mark Gottfried, who was hired in April after Sidney Lowe stepped down.
Harrow averaged 9.3 points in 29 games as a freshman, ranking seventh in the ACC with an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.9. He will sit out this season and will have three years of eligibility starting in 2012-13.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Workers trying to save buckling UCLA court
- Giving back: Hill donates $1.25M to Duke
- Ex-PC starter Fortune heading to Colorado
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Kentucky Wildcats #3 Silver Replica Basketball Jersey