Juwan Staten to play at West Virginia
Mountaineers coach Bob Huggins says Monday that Staten has signed a grant-in-aid to attend West Virginia. The 6-foot, 180-pound Staten will have to sit out the 2011-12 season due to NCAA transfer rules and will have three years of eligibility remaining.
Staten started 34 games as a freshman for the Flyers last season. He averaged 8.5 points and 5.4 assists in 29 minutes per game.
Huggins announced last month that former LaSalle center Aaric Murray also was transferring to the school. Murray led LaSalle in scoring, rebounding and blocked shots.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Workers trying to save buckling UCLA court
- Giving back: Hill donates $1.25M to Duke
- Ex-PC starter Fortune heading to Colorado
- Mayo leaves Marquette, pursues pro career
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Dayton Flyers Blue Basketball T-Shirt