Rotnei Clarke released from scholarship
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Rotnei Clarke, Arkansas' leading scorer last season, has been granted a release from his basketball scholarship so he can speak to other schools.
Athletic director Jeff Long announced the release in a statement Monday.
The junior guard averaged 15.2 points per game last season.
New men's coach Mike Anderson said in the statement that he met with Clarke shortly after he was hired, and was given every indication that he wanted to stay. Anderson said after Clarke recently informed him that he wanted to leave, he recommended to Long that the request be granted
Bryant has transferred to Eastern Michigan.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker shines as Duke picks apart UCLA
- No. 1 Arizona routs Southern to reach 12-0
- Hoosiers get $40M gift to fix up Assembly Hall
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Arkansas Razorbacks Cardinal Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt